The history of the Tuck family in sheet metal work, tinsmithing and plumbing in Victoria Australia had its beginnings in the goldfields of Bendigo and Eaglehawk when the family moved to Myers Flat in 1857.Thomas James Tuck and family emigrated from Hackney, England in 1852 and 1853 where the family were confectioners and bakers by trade. As with other sons, James, (1846-1918) completed his apprenticeship in plumbing, tinsmithing and gas fitting and had his first plumbing business in Eaglehawk. He later operated a plumbing business in Boort and then in Kyneton up until 1916.
His son Walter James Tuck also became a plumber and tinsmith and worked for Samuel and Bryden in Mirboo North from 1904. He bought this business in 1909. His two sons, Arthur and George followed him in the trade. George and his father ran the Mirboo North business until 1974. Arthur set up his plumbing business in Moe in 1949. Both George and Arthur were Master Plumbers. Arthur’s business operated in Moe until 1990 when he scaled down. On display are the tools as used exclusively by James, Walter, George and Arthur.