Dedicated on 3 December 1895 by Archdeacon Langley, deconsecrated in 1968 after a new church was built, and moved to Old Gippstown in that year. The church comprises of a porch entry, single aisle church with old pews, altar and lectern, vestry and small storeroom. Items on display include reed organs, prayer stools, altar and old family bibles. The bell is from the Presbyterian Church at Boolarra.
The stained glass window in the porch of the church is all that remains of St. James Church, Delburn (near Mirboo North). This was a small church constructed in the 1880s of timber slabs, with a wooden shingle roof, and served the local farming community.
Pause for a moment at the headstone for Joseph and Bessie Haigh, early residents of the Moe area. The wooden headstone commemorates an early accidental death.