Funeral Parlour, Traralgon

Arch Templeton of Traralgon, having worked for another funeral director (and driven the Hudson hearse in the collection, in 1930), established his own funeral business, working from a shed in the garden where he made coffins. This shed, although adapted to suit the landscape of the main street of Old Gippstown, is the basis of the Funeral Parlour. The interior consists of a ‘viewing’ room and the rear room has a display of old tools and surveying equipment. The side annexe has a display of horse-drawn hearses and a hawker’s van.

View more Buildings below

Take a tour of our Heritage Buildings using our interactive Park Map

Old Gippstown Buildings: