Jim Mayze helped supervise the creation of the blacksmith shop at Old Gippstown, replicating the workshop of his father. He also donated many of the tools in the collection, as well as the business registers from the firm for 1899 to 1920. Items on display include a large bellows and forge. This is a working blacksmith’s shop and demonstrations are held for visiting school groups.
Purpose built on site to house some of our horse-drawn vehicles.