‘Ashdale’ Farmhouse, Dumbalk

The building that we see today is as relocated from Dumbalk, although it has not yet been possible to reinstate the original shingled roof, and its hand split blue gum weatherboards that came from the property at Dumbalk have been painted. It was transported to Old Gippstown between March and June 1974.

Used as a farming residence, Ashdale was the property of Benjamin (Ashenden) and Elizabeth (nee Dale) from 1894. Items exhibited include a handmade writing slope created from a wooden crate that originally held hair restorer, and furniture and artefacts pertaining to the farming lifestyle of the period. The woolshed at Old Gippstown, opposite Ashdale, came from the same property.

View more Buildings below

Take a tour of our Heritage Buildings using our interactive Park Map

Old Gippstown Buildings: