Livery Stables, Warragul

Originally located at Warragul and used by the Williams family, general carriers, from the late 1880s. Skillions were added to the left side of front and rear by Old Gippstown. This is a large, two-storey timber stables with a corrugated iron roof. Internally there are four horse stalls on the ground floor and a loft above. The loft is accessed via steep internal stairs and a trapdoor, and has an outside door and hoist point.This display includes interpretive signage of the history of these stables, horse drawn equipment and old horse stalls.

View more Buildings below

Take a tour of our Heritage Buildings using our interactive Park Map

Old Gippstown Buildings:

Neerim Post Office

Neerim Post Office

Joseph and Ethel Callow built this shop about 1917-1918 at Neerim. Ethel Callow sold sweets and school /...

read more