Livery Stables, Warragul

Originally located at Warragul and used by the Williams family, general carriers, from the late 1880s. Skillions were added to the left side of front and rear by Old Gippstown. This is a large, two-storey timber stables with a corrugated iron roof. Internally there are four horse stalls on the ground floor and a loft above. The loft is accessed via steep internal stairs and a trapdoor, and has an outside door and hoist point.This display includes interpretive signage of the history of these stables, horse drawn equipment and old horse stalls.

View more Buildings below

Take a tour of our Heritage Buildings using our interactive Park Map

Old Gippstown Buildings:

Out Kitchen

Out Kitchen

A slab construction cottage built in Ripplebrook in 1880 as a home for a single female land owner, and later...

read more
Bushy Park

Bushy Park

A square shaped pit sawn timber house, with a corrugated iron roof over shingles. It has a verandah that covers...

read more