Farm Contractors’ Shed

Constructed in 1971 by Old Gippstown from materials on site, this large shed includes a variety of farm equipment including the massive Clayton & Shuttleworth thresher from Hazlewood, a Sunshine Harvester, wool presses, bean threshers, chaff cutters, corn grinders, hay baler, ploughs, seed drills, spreaders and threshers.

Next to this shed is the Horseworks display. A primary drive unit worked by one or more horses and used to power some of the many mechanical devices on the farm. These included winnowers, threshers, pumps and chaff cutters. Behind the Horseworks, along the side fence, is a collection of Stationary Engines on display.

View more Buildings below

Take a tour of our Heritage Buildings using our interactive Park Map

Old Gippstown Buildings:

Water Wheel

Water Wheel

This water wheel, which is operational, was originally from Buxton. It was used to generate electricity for a...

read more
School Shelter Shed

School Shelter Shed

Constructed in 1912, this shelter shed is from the Grey Street State School, Traralgon, and was relocated to Old...

read more
Sunny Creek School

Sunny Creek School

SS2903 Sunny Creek State School, first called Yarragon East, situated on Sunny Creek Road, between Yarragon and...

read more